The Bachelor of Science in Systems Engineering (B.S.S.E.) degree program within the Industrial and Systems Engineering Department at The University of North Carolina at Charlotte is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org.
Program Educational Objectives
The graduates of our program will:
(PEO-1)·Provide valuable contributions to their employers by demonstrating ability to solve complex interdisciplinary problems.
(PEO-2) Participate in a team-based environment with good communication skills.
(PEO-3) Be life-long learners who maintain competence to adapt in changing global engineering and business environments.
(PEO-4) Demonstrate strong leadership skills.
Our students will have:
(1) An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
(2) An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
(3) An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
(4) An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
(5) An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
(6) An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
(7) An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies
UNC Charlotte is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award baccalaureate, master’s, and doctorate degrees. Degree-granting institutions also may offer credentials such as certificates and diplomas at approved degree levels. Questions about the accreditation of UNC Charlotte may be directed in writing to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097, by calling (404) 679-4500, or by using information available on SACSCOC’s website (www.sacscoc.org).
Online Education Accreditation
UNC Charlotte's Master of Science in Engineering Management (MSEM) degree is accredited by the United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA).