Master’s Program Admissions
- Create a prospective student account in the application portal at https://gradadmissions.charlotte.edu/apply.
- Apply for admission with online application for admission.
- Upload a Statement of Purpose in the online application outlining goals for pursuing graduate education
- Three recommendations are required for applicants to a doctoral or master’s program and for some graduate certificate programs. Enter the names and contact information including email addresses in the online application.
- In the online application Academic Background section you can upload an unofficial transcript from each institution attended in the college section. If you an unable to upload, provide us with one official transcript from each institution of higher education attended. An official final transcript is required upon admission from college/university where degree was earned.
- Provide standardized test scores (optional): Graduate Record Exam (GRE), or Miller Analogies Test (MAT).
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS Specific To MSEM
In addition to the general requirements, the Engineering Management program seeks the following from applicants to the M.S. in Engineering Management program:
- Either a bachelor’s degree in engineering or a closely related technical or scientific field, or a bachelor’s degree in business, provided relevant technical course requirements have been met
- Undergraduate coursework in engineering economics, calculus, and statistics
- An average grade of 3.0 (out of 4)
Undergraduate students with a GPA of 3.2 or above and with at least 75 semester hours completed toward a baccalaureate degree in Engineering at UNC Charlotte may be admitted to the M.S. in Engineering Management program as an Early-Entry student provided they meet all other requirements. (Program: Engineering Management, M.S., Early Entry – University of North Carolina at Charlotte – Acalog ACMS™)
- Contact: Prospective students may obtain application materials directly from the Graduate School’s web site at http://graduateschool.charlotte.edu, or request the forms through email (email@example.com) or telephone (704-687-5503).
- International Student: Information for international students can be found from the Office of International Admissions at https://gradadmissions.charlotte.edu/admissions/international-applicants and the International Student and Scholar Office at https://isso.charlotte.edu/future-students.
- Distance Education: Information about the online program can be found from the Distance Education Office at https://distanceed.charlotte.edu/. If you live outside of North Carolina, please read the information about the out-of-state distance education tuition from https://distanceed.charlotte.edu/out-of-nc-tuition.
- Post-Baccalaureate Program: Prospective students may apply and take classes as a post-baccalaureate student while awaiting GRE scores and fulfilling the prerequisites. However, taking Engineering Management courses under post baccalaureate program does not guarantee your admission into the program. Post-baccalaureate students are required to upload unofficial transcripts in the application, demonstrate 3.0 GPA, submit a Statement of Purpose, and have completed or are presently enrolled in Calculus, Statistics, and Engineering Economics. General information about the post-baccalaureate can be found at https://gradadmissions.charlotte.edu/admissions/post-baccalaureate.